Malka offers a warm, down-to-earth style that makes her clients feel comfortable exploring feelings by providing a safe space to talk and explore. Malka’s ability to promote emotional growth has helped countless clients succeed in maximizing their potential, come to a better understanding of how the past affects the present, cope with disappointment, increase satisfaction in relationships, and reach goals.
With 20 years of experience as a mental health professional, she works with individuals, couples, families, and groups in a private practice in Nutley, NJ. She has helped and assisted a diverse range of populations and worked in various settings, from outpatient mental health clinics, social service agencies, residential and partial day programs, and in private practice.
Malka is especially attuned to the unique needs of women and mothers in today’s society, because she herself is a working professional who is also wife and mother. She is especially dedicated to empowering women who struggle with balance and fulfillment in all of these demanding roles. Her practice specializes in Women’s Issues such as postpartum depression, motherhood, single women and dating , as well as anxiety, depression, trauma recovery, and support during life transitions.
- Psychotherapist, Private Practice. Nutley, NJ
- Clincal Supervisor and Consultant, Achieve Psychotherapy, LLC. Newark, NJ
- Program Director, Adult Family Health Services. Clifton, NJ
- Pychotherapist, Neve Yerushalim Mental Health Clinic. Jerusalem, Israel
- Social Work Supervisor of Harlem Prevention Program, Convenant House. New York, NY
- Domenstic Violence Social Worker, New York Associaltion for New Americans. New York, NY
Clinician and Coordinator for Independant Living Program. OHEL Children’s Home and Family Services. Brooklyn, NY
Education and Training
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, University of Delaware
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Yeshiva University
Post-Graduate Training in Family Systems and Maritial Counseling, Neve Yerushalayim Family Clinic
Advanced Trainings at Ackerman Family Institute.